Monday, July 4, 2011

The ride home

 I was determined that this was only going to be a minor set back and that there was no way this was going to as devastating as they seemed to make it.  Besides the autism I knew about was the kind where the poor person couldn't even make eye contact or there arms were flapping around .. No way  this was what they  diagnosed ,  defiantly need a second opinion.  The more I thought about it the more i wanted to get home get on the computer and start my investigation.  I was in such a state , getting home was all i could think of.   That's when the siren went off and the flashing red lights behind me ....speeding i presumed .  The officer pulled up and noticed i was flustered and anxious .  Asked if everything was OK ? ...well we just found out our son has autism after 8 hours of testing .   His face went from suspicion to complete understanding.  My nephew was just diagnosed ,  handing back my licence. I asked how old he was he said 3 years old.  Good luck was all he said with an understanding and empathy of what we were about to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment